Retina South Africa is not responsible for any content of any other website accessible from this Website, nor does it endorse or in any respect warrant any third party products or services by virtue of any information, material or content referred to or included on, or linked from or to the Website.
Information contained and views expressed in online forums, or other message or communication facilities is not the responsibility of Retina South Africa. We are not responsible for the content or quality of contributions by internet users, including those users designated as “Forum moderators.” Opinions expressed by Users do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Retina South Africa. Retina South Africa maintains that online forums and other message facilities are not replacements for individual counselling, or consultation with a health care professional.
If this website contains online forums, or other message or communication facilities, the User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material;
- Upload or attach files that contain software of other material protected by intellectual property laws unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Upload, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available unsolicited advertising of any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, “spam” or chain letters; etc.
- Promote any commercial product, medicinal product or health service for the purpose of, or resulting in, personal financial gain or act as a representative of a for-profit entity.
- The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that Retina South Africa is not liable for any conduct of any other User, including, but not limited to, the types of conduct listed above.
- The host server for the Website is located in South Africa. The applicable law in respect of the Website shall be the laws of South Africa only.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of Retina South Africa in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
The Materials are protected by copyright and all other rights (if any) are reserved.
Incorporation of all or any part of the Materials in any other work or publication, whether paper or electronic media or other form, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Retina South Africa.
Reproduction of portions of the Materials, whether in paper or electronic media or other form, is authorised for personal, non-commercial use and recopy to individual third parties for their personal information or to rare disease organisations for educational use, save where otherwise stated, provided that:
- the User acknowledges the Website as the source of the Materials,
- such an acknowledgement and suitable reference to Retina South Africa is made in the copy of the Materials, and
- the User informs third parties that they are subject to and must comply with the conditions of this Website. This permission is, however, revocable at any time by Retina South Africa.
- Acknowledgement of the source must cite Retina South Africa as copyright holder and the uniform resource locator (URL) of the Website (© Retina South Africa, www.retinasa.org.za)
- The User may not modify the materials found on the Retina South Africa Website without the permission of Retina South Africa.
- The User may not copy otherwise, republish, lend, post on servers, transmit or redistribute to (mailing) lists this information for commercial purposes or for compensation of any kind without prior written permission from Retina South Africa.
- Some of the materials in the Retina South Africa Website may contain references to materials from third parties for which copyright must be honoured.
- Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and shall clearly indicate any restrictions on use.
Linking to Retina South Africa Website
A User who maintains an external Website can include hyperlinks to Retina South Africa website or to any of its pages on that external site, without having to ask permission. However, this use must not infringe Retina South Africa’s rights, in particular relating to its logo, acronym and intellectual property rights.
A link should not be used for the promotion of any commercial products or services.
Retina South Africa retains the right to revoke permission to link to the Website at its absolute discretion.
External links to Retina South Africa Website do not constitute an endorsement by Retina South Africa of the external site.
Regarding medical information
Retina South Africa cannot respond to questions concerning the medical aspects retinal degenerative disease. Retina South Africa does not employ qualified medical personnel or information specialists to give medical advice, diagnose illness, or offer referrals.
We strongly recommend that you seek the advice of your health care provider with questions regarding medical care.